Instant Pot Pork Chops and Apples makes an amazing one-pot dinner. Try this sweet-and-savory combo for busy weeknights!
If you’ve been around this blog for a short time you might know that the Instant Pot is one of my new favorite toys in the kitchen.
(The Ninja Foodie blender is a close second.)
Seriously, who doesn’t love anything that makes dinner time easier?
All the time we spend meal planning, shopping..and then we have to cook the stuff too. Sheesh.
Needless to say, the Instant Pot is my easy button that I wish I’d had when my kids were babies.
This post likely contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosure for more info.
Pork Chop Redemption
I have to admit that pork chops were not something I liked to cook often, until now.
My husband had been asking to add it back to the dinner rotation…but I didn’t love pan-frying or baking them.
Pork chops are easy to overcook and become tough, and I just tended to avoid them.
Shoe leather for dinner? Eh…no thanks.
But as everything seems to come out tender and delicious from the good ol’ digital pressure cooker – I had to try it. And, it was.
In the end, even the husband preferred this version of his beloved chops!
What kind of pork chops do I need?
For this recipe, I used center-cut pork loin chops that were about 1/2 in thick.
You could definitely use bone-in chops or pork steaks, but keep in mind to adjust your cooking time to reach an internal temp of 145.
For thinner cuts, you can reduce the time browning and pressure cooking of course.
If you’re concerned about the internal temp, an instant-read thermometer can give you peace of mind.
Choosing pork chops on the thinner side is helpful though, because it’s hard to undercook them in the pressure cooker.
• 25 Budget-Friendly Instant Pot Meals
• The Best Make-Ahead Meals for Summer
• Instant Pot Southern-Style Green Beans
• The Best Hearty Soup Recipes
How to make Instant Pot Pork Chops and Apples
Below are the step-by-step instructions for making Pressure Cooker Pork Chops and Apples (in the Instant Pot). Yum!
A printable recipe card is included at the end of this post.
• 4-6 center cut pork loin chops
• 2 teaspoon dried rosemary
• 1 teaspoon pink salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
• 5 medium-sized apples such as Gala, sliced
• 1 medium onion, sliced
• 1 teaspoon Better than Buillon Chicken Base
• 3/4 cup water
1| Mix together the dried rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle both sides of each pork chop with this seasoning.
2| Turn the Instant Pot to saute function on medium temperature; add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
3| Saute pork chops, 2-3 at a time (depending on size of your Instant Pot) until golden brown, approximately 2 minutes on each side.
Repeat with remaining pork chops; remove from Instant pot and turn off.
4| Mix the 1 teaspoon Better than Buillon with 3/4 cup water; add to Instant Pot.
Scrape bottom of Instant Pot with a spatula or heat-resistant silicone spoon to deglaze the pan (the browned bits on the bottom).
After deglazing, quickly move to the next step so as not to reduce the liquids by overheating.
5| Add the pork chops back to Instant Pot in 2 layers if necessary (spread out evenly if possible).
6| Add the sliced onion and sliced apples on top of pork chops.
7| Lock the lid on the pressure cooker and set the valve to “sealing”.
8| Set Instant Pot to Pressure Cook on high pressure, for 8 minutes.
Remember, after searing your pork chops on each side they’re already partially cooked, so this process won’t take long!
9| Once time is up, set the pressure value to venting position for quick release of the steam.
10| After the float valve drops, you can gently turn the handle; open and serve!
Instant Pot Pork Chops and Apples
The BEST Instant Pot recipe for pork chops with apples! Family-friendly, sweet and savory one-pot dinner.
- 4-6 center cut pork loin chops approx 1/2-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon pink salt (or your favorite salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 5 medium apples such as Gala, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Better than Buillon Chicken Base
- 3/4 cup water
- Season pork chops on both sides with the salt, pepper and rosemary mixture.
- Set Instant Pot to saute function on medium-high heat; add olive oil.
- Sear pork chops in 2 batches. Cook approximately 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Remove pork chops from instant pot, turn off heat.
- Add 3/4 cup of water mixed with the 1 teaspoon Better than Buillon Base and stir to deglaze pan.
- Immediately add the pork chops in 2 layers, with sliced onions and apples on top.
- Lock lid and set Instant Pot to sealed position. Set to pressure cook on high for 8 minutes.
- Once pressure cook cycle is complete, turn valve to venting for quick release.
- After float valve goes down and pot is depressurized, you can remove lid and enjoy!
You might also like:
•Frozen Green Beans in the Instant Pot
•The Best Cheap Instant Pot Meals
• Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli Soup
•Delicious summer meals to make ahead of time
•Freezer to Crockpot Meals: Prep once, eat all week!