This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Is there anything better than coming home to a fully cooked meal?
Whether you’re working all day, running errands or entertaining toddlers at home (I’m doing all three most days!), slow cooker meals are simply the BEST.
Related Post: A Completely Basic Guide to Meal Planning on a Budget
I personally feel great sorrow for our pioneer ancestors who lived before the crockpot era. It just isn’t fair to think about the effort that used to be required to get dinner on the table. I imagine those moms harvesting and canning all their own veggies, watching after a handful of little ones, all while being on constant alert for wild animals and the Plague and whatnot.
And we think we’re stressed.
If only she had a crockpot. The Mom Life would’ve been that much easier on the prairie.
If you’ve never tried this “recipe”, you’re going to kick yourself when you realize how easy it is. You will wonder how you made it this far in your adult life without figuring this out on your own. In fact, you’ll have so much extra time on your hands you won’t know how to handle yourself at dinner time.
So throw this in the crockpot, do a happy dance and catch up on some reading or something. Better yet, SIT DOWN and do nothing. You’ve earned it, even if you’re not Pioneer Pamela.
Zesty Crockpot Chicken and Pasta
Cast of Characters (aka Ingredients)
Frozen chicken tenders (I use about 1.5 pounds – half a bag or about 8 small tenders. Throw in however many you need to feed your people.) Chicken breasts are fine as well, I just prefer the tenders as they’re easy for the kids to cut with a fork when cooked and they cook a little faster.
Zesty Italian Dressing. I use about 1/2 bottle for 1.5 pounds of chicken.
Spaghetti or fettuccine noodles (16 oz)
Parmesan cheese, optional.
Related Post: 5 Easy Ways to Save $100 (or more) on Groceries This Month
The Plot (aka Directions)
1. Assemble the cast.
By the way, it took me longer to clean my crockpot for this picture than it took to actually make this meal. So please just appreciate that fact and don’t point out that it still has smudges. (You should’ve seen it before! Who cleans the outside of their crockpot anyhow?)
2. Dump the FROZEN chicken (no need to thaw) into the crockpot and pour 1/2 bottle of Italian dressing right over the top.
3. Cook on low approximately 6 hours or on high approximately 3 hours (until very tender).
4. Boil spaghetti or fettuccine noodles according to package directions.
5. Serve chicken over cooked pasta and spoon some of the extra dressing over the top. Top with Parmesan cheese if desired. Tasty!
We usually serve with green beans. If you can muster the effort, I think a nice tomato-mozarella salad would also make an awesome sidekick to this simple, no-fuss slow cooker main dish. 😉
- 1.5 pounds frozen chicken tenders
- 1/2 bottle Zesty Italian Dressing
- 16 oz spaghetti noodles
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place frozen chicken in crockpot
- Pour 1/2 bottle Italian dressing on top
- Cook on low approximately 6 hours (time will vary depending on your slow cooker), or 3 hours on high
- Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles
- Top with Parmesan cheese (optional)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 462 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 53mg Sodium: 938mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 26g
You might also like:
• Get my Free Printable: Ultimate School Lunch Planner!
• 7 Irresistible Cold Weather Comfort Food Recipes
• Crockpot Freezer Meals: Our Family Favorites